A Music instrument technician is a trained expert in music equipment restoration and regular maintenance. Usually, they acquire musical instrument engineering certifications to be classified as experts and to work at a music instrument repair facility. Therefore, they’re technical wizards at diagnosing problems in defective gadgets. Music instrument technicians usually perform the duties of restoring broken components and advise on normal upkeep, instrument tuning, instrument cleaning and ensuring that the equipment is operating at the optimal playing condition.
The Craftsmanship of a Skilled Music Instrument Technician
Most technicians concentrate on one type of musical tool like guitars, violins and grand pianos, while other technicians specialize in one category of instruments such as brass, woodwinds and string. Many of them likewise actively play the type of instruments they repair. Some expert repair technicians offer rental of instruments for a modest daily fee. Some offer remote or drive-to-you repair solutions, while others choose to perform their craftsmanship in music stores and workshops.
Why Hire a Technician for your Instrument?
Music equipment could be a hefty investment, especially if you play regularly or perform within a popular brand. To keep your instrument functioning properly and preserve its good condition, your instrument needs the regular attention of a music instrument technician. Much like vehicles, musical instruments also need normal upkeep to make sure they’re always tuned for proper sound.
Musicians who have had their instruments for a length of time often understand how to do minor cleaning, tuning and adjusting without the help of an expert. However, if you’re uncertain about the maintenance needed to keep your instrument at its best, then hiring a skilled professional music instrument technician can assist you in the upkeep of your instrument.
Which Instruments Need Maintenance?
Music instrument technicians can assist you with band instruments, guitars, bass, stringed instruments (toning) and other musical maintenance. Among other issues, here are some repair solutions that expert technicians typically provide:
- Standard tuning and intonating of acoustic, electrical and bass guitars
- Repair and replacement of worn or shattered strings, frets along with other duties in electric or acoustic guitars
- Facility of pickups or pickup techniques in electronic guitars
- Restoration and reconstruction of cracked or injured stringed devices such as violins, guitars and pianos
- Alignment of valves, rotors and slides as well as replacement of absent constituents in brass instruments
- Removal of dents in tubing, bodies and other regions of brass and wind instruments
- Substitution of pads, corks, senses and springs in gale devices
- Soldering and mending broken or detached components of brass equipment
- Tuning and adjusting the touch and reconditioning of action in grand pianos
- Refinishing and polishing instrument surfaces
Simply put, hiring a music instrument technician can save you time, money and eventual headaches with regards to the maintenance of your instrument. You’ll find many other benefits in taking your instrument to an expert. To learn more about our repair services
Give us a call today at: 713-463-3765
1442 Brittmoore Rd.
Houston, TX 77043